Karnataka seeks more power supply from Centre
New Delhi: Facing a sever power crisis, Karnataka has sought more power from the Centre even as it demanded more coal blocks and coal linkage to make operational its thermal power projects in Chhatisgarh.
"We have asked the Centre to increase the power allocation to Karnataka because the state is getting only 1674 MW, while our neighbouring states Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh are getting more than 3000 MW," Karnataka Energy Minister Shobha Karandlaje told reporters here today.
Karandlaje had met Power Minister Veerappa Moily yesterday and submitted a memorandum seeking more allocation of power to the state.
Drawing the Centre`s attention to the disparity in power allocation, she said there is no direct grid connectivity linking the Northern grid to the state.
"Because of the absence of a direct corridor, we are not able to get power from North India. Only 40 per cent of power requirement has come to Karnataka because of the absence of the corridor," she said.
She also demanded more coal block and coal linkage to make operational the 2700-MW thermal power plants being set up jointly with Chhatisgarh government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!