Karnataka signs contract with TCS
Bangalore: The Karnataka government today
signed a contract with Tata Consultancy Services for a
software solution facilitating integrated financial management
of all spending and resource mobilisation of state treasury
Under the programme, `Khajane-II`, a major e-governance
initiative, the government is looking to facilitate the
state`s development through efficient, effective and
transparent management of public finances and to strengthen
accountability, Finance Department Principal Secretary L V
Nagaraj said at the contract signing ceremony here.
Khajane-II seeks to take e-governance to the next level
following implementation of the government`s Khajane-I
programme over the last ten years since 2001.
A pilot project under the Khajane-II programme will be
completed by next April and the final project will be rolled
out by April, 2013, TCS Vice-President Tanmoy Chakraborthy
Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda wanted TCS to advance
the deadline for implementation of Khajane-II ahead of the
2013 Assembly polls in the state.
When fully operational, Khajane-II will provide a daily
synopsis of activity in the accounts of the state government
and an online system for release of funds, salary payments and
pension payments. All transactions would be through an
electronic clearing service (ECS) mechanism, obviating the
need for the 80 lakh challans used currently for transactions.
The treasury and banks will interact online through a
secure network and share information in a real-time
Nagarajan and Chakraborthy inked the contract at a
ceremony where Additional Chief Secretary K Jairaj was also
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam