Karnataka slashes students’ bus pass rates
Bangalore: In an act that will benefit 14.65 lakh students, Karnataka government on Saturday slashed bus pass rates by Rs 100 to Rs 220 besides permitting them to travel in `Pushpak` (branded buses with more comfort features) services with immediate effect.
The decision to reduce the student bus pass rates was taken keeping in mind the drought and flood situation and also the hardship caused due to rising prices of essential commodities, Deputy Chief Minister R Ashok told reporters.
The reduction in bus pass rates would benefit 14.65 lakh students and cause a Rs 20 crore burden on four Road Transport Corporations, he said.
The existing rate of Rs 1,320 for passes issued to degree and post graduate students will come down to Rs 1,100, Evening college students from Rs 1,680 to Rs 1,480, ITI, Diploma, Bed students bus pass to Rs 1,150 from Rs 1,350, he said.
The rate of bus passes issued to girl students of high schools will come down by Rs 125 from Rs 525 to Rs 400, and for boys from Rs 700 to Rs 600, Ashok said.
In Bangalore City, students can also travel by Pushpak buses, besides ordinary buses, but not in AC coaches, he said.
Ashok ruled out fare hike in the wake of government revising salaries of workers employed in four state-owned Transport Corporations by 10 per cent.
The government has decided to issue driving licences including learner`s licence to students in their college campuses. Regional Transport Officials will conduct camps at colleges for this purpose, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly