Karnataka: Somasekhar Reddy, five others granted bail
Bellary: A court in Sandur on Wednesday granted bail to six persons, including G Somasekar Reddy, brother of arrested mining baron and former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhana Reddy, in an intimidation case against them.
Judicial Magistrate First Class Maruthi Shivanand Jaffare also directed the accused to furnish a personal bond of Rs 50,000 each and two sureties for equal amount.
The six accused, against whom the court had on October 19 issued non-bailable warrants, appeared before the magistrate today and moved bail applications.
Police had on October 4 filed a chargesheet against 14 persons, including the six, accusing them of having threatened Conservator of Forest U V Singh while he was probing illegal mining in Sandur taluk in Bellary district in 2010.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Ranbir Kapoor's superhero dreams shattered?
- Make PM Narendra Modi's educational qualification public; people want to know truth: Arvind Kejriwal
- PM Narendra Modi takes his place alongside other world leaders at Madame Tussauds
- Indra Nooyi, Satya Nadella, Bhavesh Patel among highest paid CEOs in world
- Oh fresh! You can't afford to miss these pictures from Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover's pooja ceremony