Karnataka: Spurned lover stabs girl to death
Davangare: Enraged over his love being spurned, a youth stabbed a minor girl to death and later tried to commit suicide here on Wednesday, police said.
Hyder (19) had been pestering the 13-year-old girl belonging to the same community to accept his love, but the girl had turned down it.
The girl`s parents had also warned the youth and also informed his parents.
When the girl was on her way to a private tailoring institute, Hyder accosted her, stabbed her several times and chopped off an ear lobe, resulting in her death on the spot, police said.
He then smashed a boulder on his head to end his life, but passers-by rushed him to a hospital.
Police have registered a case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Live TV shootout of American journalists shocks the world
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea