Karnataka stalled CBI probe into illegal mining: Hegde
Bangalore: Reacting to the arrest of former Karnataka tourism minister and mining czar G Janardhana Reddy and his brother Srinivasa Reddy, former state Lokayukta Santosh Hegde on Monday said that the BJP government did not permit Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the illegal mining.
Talking to a TV channel, Hegde said that his report on illegal mining in Karnataka states that Obulapuram Mining Corporation, which is Andhra Pradesh based, has been conducting illegal mining in Andhra Pradesh.
Hegde further said that more arrests are likely, especially in Andhra Pradesh.
The reaction comes after a ten-member team of the CBI conducted raids and seized computer hard disk and vital documents related to Reddy brothers’ illegal mining operation in and outside Karnataka.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know