Karnataka stalled CBI probe into illegal mining: Hegde
Bangalore: Reacting to the arrest of former Karnataka tourism minister and mining czar G Janardhana Reddy and his brother Srinivasa Reddy, former state Lokayukta Santosh Hegde on Monday said that the BJP government did not permit Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the illegal mining.
Talking to a TV channel, Hegde said that his report on illegal mining in Karnataka states that Obulapuram Mining Corporation, which is Andhra Pradesh based, has been conducting illegal mining in Andhra Pradesh.
Hegde further said that more arrests are likely, especially in Andhra Pradesh.
The reaction comes after a ten-member team of the CBI conducted raids and seized computer hard disk and vital documents related to Reddy brothers’ illegal mining operation in and outside Karnataka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16