Karnataka steps up security for foreign tourists
Bangalore: In compliance with a directive by
the Union Home Ministry in the aftermath of the killing of
al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden, Karnataka has stepped up
vigil across the state and also security for foreign tourists,
Home Minister R Ashoka said on Wednesday.
Security has been upscaled in places where tourists from
USA and Europe throng the state particularly in coastal areas
of the state, he told reporters here.
The Centre has directed the state also to keep vigil on
regions which house IT industries and also those thickly
populated to prevent any terror strike, Ashoka said.
The Centre has issued an alert to maintain vigil and
security in the coming one year, he said.
The state has decided to set up a police station each for
every 30 km stretch on its 360 km coastline to maintain
vigilance and the expenditure was being borne by the Centre,
Six such police stations will be established soon and the
remaining in phases within this year, Ashoka said.
The state had already raised a 300-member strong commando
battalion for deployment during exigencies including terror
and naxal strike, he said.
The CRPF has decided to start a training centre in Belgaum
for which the state has agreed to provide 400 acres of land,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA