Karnataka: Three accused in terror case produced in court
Bangalore: Police on Saturday produced three accused, who were in police custody, before a local court after completion of their interrogation in connection with a terror case.
The First Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate court remanded two of these accused to Judicial Custody till October 11, while the third has been handed over to ATS Maharashtra, police sources said.
The case was registered at the Basaweshwara Nagar Police Station a month ago.
Investigation is continuing, police said.
City Crime Branch sleuths had arrested on August 29 11 suspects five from Hubli and six in the city with alleged links to Lashkar-e-Toiba and HUJI terror outfits, the terror module run by them in a major operation.
Three more were arrested in as many days subsequently.
The suspects were planning to target MPs, MLAs and media persons.
A foreign-made 7.65 mm pistol, seven rounds of ammunition and other gadgets had been seized from the arrested persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?