Karnataka to get three new railway lines
Bangalore: The Railway Ministry has approved
three new railway lines in the state, Karnataka Chief Minister
D V Sadananda Gowda said here on Monday.
"Three new railway lines - Gadag-Wadi, Kengeri-Chamrajnagar
and Srinivasapura-Madanapalled - have been approved (by the
Railway Board)," he said delivering keynote address at
Business Standard Infrastructure Round Table 2011 here.
About Rs 24,000 crore worth projects are being undertaken
in the state, including 2,137 km of new railway line in
Karnataka, Gowda said. "Gauge conversion and line doubling
works also are being undertaken," he added.
The state government has also received in-principle
approval for Metro Phase II from the Central Government, he
About air connectivity, Gowda said both Shimoga and
Gulbarga airports, being developed under Public-Private
Partnership (PPP), would be operational before July 2012.
As many as 105 infrastructure projects under PPP format are
underway in the state and are at various stages of development
involving an investment of Rs 80,946 crore, he said.
Karnataka has been at the forefront in various sectors
including education, health, business, communication and
information technology, he said.
"The state contributes up to 8 per cent of India`s
industrial income and 9.8 per cent of product exports," Gowda
said. Karnataka is the seventh largest and fifth most
urbanised state and ranks third as a recipient of FDI, the
chief minister said.
Gowda also said the government was taking up major projects
like the greenfield port at Tadadi, Dabhol-Bangalore gas
pipeline, city gas distribution for Bangalore, international
transit centre at Subhashnagar and traffic/transport
management centre at Hebbal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Islamic State selling sex slaves on Facebook for $8,000
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report