Karnataka to spell out stand on Krishna Tribunal verdict next week
Bangalore: Karnataka Water Resources Minister M B Patil on Monday said the state government will spell out in a week`s time its "clear-cut stand" on second Krishna Tribunal`s verdict.
Intervening during the debate on motion of thanks to the Governor for his address in the assembly, the minister said the government has consulted the state`s counsel Fali Nariman to seek legal opinion on the verdict of second Krishna Tribunal.
Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah, Law Minister T B Jayachandra, Water Resources Minister M B Patil, Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Minister H K Patil and IT Minister S R Patil had held discussions with Nariman on January 9 in New Delhi.
During the meeting of Floor Leaders of both Houses of the state legislature on January 8, the opposition leaders had suggested filing a Special Leave Petition against the tribunal verdict in the Supreme Court.
Siddaramaiah had, however, said the ruling party had an open mind before taking any decision on the issue.
The Krishna Water Disputes Tribunal-II had on November 29 last year upheld its 2010 award, including allowing Karnataka to increase the height of Almatti dam in Bagalkot to 524.256 metres from the existing 519.6 m.
It had, however, allowed Andhra Pradesh to use 4 tmcft more from the Tungabhadra reservoir in Karnataka.
The tribunal has so far allocated 2,578 tmcft of water to riparian Maharashtra, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh. The three states would get 666, 907 and 1,005 tmcft of Krishna water respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks