Karnataka to witness two major rallies on Sunday
Bangalore: Ruling BJP and opposition Congress in Karnataka are staging two rallies on Saturday to highlight their views before the public on various issues, including scams faced by the Government in the state.
The BJP rally will be held in the sprawling Palace grounds in here to mark completion of 1000 days in office by its maiden government in the south, while that of the Congress at Mysore is against the saffron party government`s `corruption`.
Though BJP claims that it is holding a convention of about 2.5 lakh workers drawn from booth level to debate on issues concerning strengthening the party and to highlight the development programms initiated by the government, some leaders in the party view it as a preparation for the next assembly elections.
BJP National president Nitin Gadkari has been invited to inaugurate the rally which was also considered a show of strength and also in reply to similar rallies being held by opposition Congress against the scams of Yeddyurappa government.
The Congress which staged well attended rallies against the BJP government in Bangalore and Gulbarga earlier will hold its third rally in Mysore tomorrow.
Congress has been going hammer and tongs against the BJP government in the aftermath of the Governor HR Bhardwaj according sanction to prosecute Yeddyurappa.
Yeddyurappa who has been under constant attack from opposition has also been threatening to expose the misdeeds of Congress, a challenge which evoked a snub from KPCC president G Parameshwara who said "Yeddyurappa`s scams have become a topic of national debate".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25