Karnataka to witness two major rallies on Sunday
Bangalore: Ruling BJP and opposition Congress in Karnataka are staging two rallies on Saturday to highlight their views before the public on various issues, including scams faced by the Government in the state.
The BJP rally will be held in the sprawling Palace grounds in here to mark completion of 1000 days in office by its maiden government in the south, while that of the Congress at Mysore is against the saffron party government`s `corruption`.
Though BJP claims that it is holding a convention of about 2.5 lakh workers drawn from booth level to debate on issues concerning strengthening the party and to highlight the development programms initiated by the government, some leaders in the party view it as a preparation for the next assembly elections.
BJP National president Nitin Gadkari has been invited to inaugurate the rally which was also considered a show of strength and also in reply to similar rallies being held by opposition Congress against the scams of Yeddyurappa government.
The Congress which staged well attended rallies against the BJP government in Bangalore and Gulbarga earlier will hold its third rally in Mysore tomorrow.
Congress has been going hammer and tongs against the BJP government in the aftermath of the Governor HR Bhardwaj according sanction to prosecute Yeddyurappa.
Yeddyurappa who has been under constant attack from opposition has also been threatening to expose the misdeeds of Congress, a challenge which evoked a snub from KPCC president G Parameshwara who said "Yeddyurappa`s scams have become a topic of national debate".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!