Karnataka urges Centre to decide on permanent ban on Endosulfan
Mangalore: Backing Kerala`s demand for nationwide
ban on Endosulfan, Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa
Friday sought Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s intervention so
that an early decision is arrived at on the matter.
Yeddyurappa appealed to the Centre to take a decision on the
demand for a permanent ban on the pesticide,a day after Kerala
Chief Minister V S Achuthanandan wrote to his counterparts in
other states requesting them to bring combined pressure on the
Centre in this regard.
Karnataka, Yeddyurappa told reporters, supported the Kerala
government which has been demanding total ban on Endosulfan
and requested the Prime Minister`s intervention so that an
early decision is arrived at on the issue.
The CPI(M)-led LDF in Kerala is observing a dawn-to-dusk
hartal today to step up pressure on the Centre on the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning