Karnataka urges Centre to decide on permanent ban on Endosulfan
Mangalore: Backing Kerala`s demand for nationwide
ban on Endosulfan, Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa
Friday sought Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s intervention so
that an early decision is arrived at on the matter.
Yeddyurappa appealed to the Centre to take a decision on the
demand for a permanent ban on the pesticide,a day after Kerala
Chief Minister V S Achuthanandan wrote to his counterparts in
other states requesting them to bring combined pressure on the
Centre in this regard.
Karnataka, Yeddyurappa told reporters, supported the Kerala
government which has been demanding total ban on Endosulfan
and requested the Prime Minister`s intervention so that an
early decision is arrived at on the issue.
The CPI(M)-led LDF in Kerala is observing a dawn-to-dusk
hartal today to step up pressure on the Centre on the matter.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days