Karnataka urges Centre to decide on permanent ban on Endosulfan
Mangalore: Backing Kerala`s demand for nationwide
ban on Endosulfan, Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa
Friday sought Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s intervention so
that an early decision is arrived at on the matter.
Yeddyurappa appealed to the Centre to take a decision on the
demand for a permanent ban on the pesticide,a day after Kerala
Chief Minister V S Achuthanandan wrote to his counterparts in
other states requesting them to bring combined pressure on the
Centre in this regard.
Karnataka, Yeddyurappa told reporters, supported the Kerala
government which has been demanding total ban on Endosulfan
and requested the Prime Minister`s intervention so that an
early decision is arrived at on the issue.
The CPI(M)-led LDF in Kerala is observing a dawn-to-dusk
hartal today to step up pressure on the Centre on the matter.
- West Bengal polls: Mamata Banerjee accuses police of unleashing terror at EC's behest
- PM Modi launches solar-powered boats in Varanasi, says 'govt schemes should strengthen people, not vote banks'
- India ready to clear $6.5 billion of Iran's oil dues ahead of Modi's visit
- ISIS developing Google-style driverless cars for attacks
- Qatar National Bank says its systems were "fully secure" following cyber attack