Karnataka urges Centre to decide on permanent ban on Endosulfan
Mangalore: Backing Kerala`s demand for nationwide
ban on Endosulfan, Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa
Friday sought Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s intervention so
that an early decision is arrived at on the matter.
Yeddyurappa appealed to the Centre to take a decision on the
demand for a permanent ban on the pesticide,a day after Kerala
Chief Minister V S Achuthanandan wrote to his counterparts in
other states requesting them to bring combined pressure on the
Centre in this regard.
Karnataka, Yeddyurappa told reporters, supported the Kerala
government which has been demanding total ban on Endosulfan
and requested the Prime Minister`s intervention so that an
early decision is arrived at on the issue.
The CPI(M)-led LDF in Kerala is observing a dawn-to-dusk
hartal today to step up pressure on the Centre on the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?