Karnataka urges Centre to decide on permanent ban on Endosulfan
Mangalore: Backing Kerala`s demand for nationwide
ban on Endosulfan, Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa
Friday sought Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s intervention so
that an early decision is arrived at on the matter.
Yeddyurappa appealed to the Centre to take a decision on the
demand for a permanent ban on the pesticide,a day after Kerala
Chief Minister V S Achuthanandan wrote to his counterparts in
other states requesting them to bring combined pressure on the
Centre in this regard.
Karnataka, Yeddyurappa told reporters, supported the Kerala
government which has been demanding total ban on Endosulfan
and requested the Prime Minister`s intervention so that an
early decision is arrived at on the issue.
The CPI(M)-led LDF in Kerala is observing a dawn-to-dusk
hartal today to step up pressure on the Centre on the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intermediate Examination (Arts) Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 2:00 pm
- Class 10th (Matric) Exam Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 12: 00 pm
- Putin vows Russian retaliation over US missile shield in Europe
- More than 2,000 boat migrants rescued off Italy, 45 dead
- Trump rules out US presidential debate with Sanders