Karnataka: Yeddyurappa supporters step up campaign
Bangalore: With BJP central leadership commencing the exercise to appoint a new chief for the party`s Karnataka unit, supporters of former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa, a keen aspirant for the job, on Thursday stepped their campaign in support of their leader.
Supporters of Yeddyurappa today met at the residence of Public Works Minister CM Udasi and took stock of the developments and the thinking of the party high command over naming a successor to KS Eswarappa, who has joined the Jagadish Shettar ministry.
Udasi, refusing to divulge the details of discussions, held at his house, however said, "The issue of appointing new president will be decided by high command leaders and not me".
Eswarappa, participating in the BJP national executive underway at Surajkund in Haryana, has said the party would choose a new President for the state unit in a day or two.
Excise Minister MP Renukacharya, a hardcore supporter of Yeddyurappa, sought to raise the pitch saying the former chief minister was a "mass leader and should not be confined to lingayat community".
According to sources, at the meeting Yeddyurappa loyalists decided to tour various parts of the state to drum up people`s support for their leader.
Yeddyurappa, who has been sulking over being sidelined in the party after being forced to quit as chief minister last year, has boycotted the party national executive and is undergoing body rejuvenation treatment at the Art of Living Nature Cure Centre here.
With the BJP taking on the UPA on the issue of corruption, the central leadership is said to be not in favour of making Yeddyurappa, battling a spate of corruption cases, Karnataka unit president ahead of next year Assembly Elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you