Karnataka: Yeddyurappa supporters step up campaign
Bangalore: With BJP central leadership commencing the exercise to appoint a new chief for the party`s Karnataka unit, supporters of former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa, a keen aspirant for the job, on Thursday stepped their campaign in support of their leader.
Supporters of Yeddyurappa today met at the residence of Public Works Minister CM Udasi and took stock of the developments and the thinking of the party high command over naming a successor to KS Eswarappa, who has joined the Jagadish Shettar ministry.
Udasi, refusing to divulge the details of discussions, held at his house, however said, "The issue of appointing new president will be decided by high command leaders and not me".
Eswarappa, participating in the BJP national executive underway at Surajkund in Haryana, has said the party would choose a new President for the state unit in a day or two.
Excise Minister MP Renukacharya, a hardcore supporter of Yeddyurappa, sought to raise the pitch saying the former chief minister was a "mass leader and should not be confined to lingayat community".
According to sources, at the meeting Yeddyurappa loyalists decided to tour various parts of the state to drum up people`s support for their leader.
Yeddyurappa, who has been sulking over being sidelined in the party after being forced to quit as chief minister last year, has boycotted the party national executive and is undergoing body rejuvenation treatment at the Art of Living Nature Cure Centre here.
With the BJP taking on the UPA on the issue of corruption, the central leadership is said to be not in favour of making Yeddyurappa, battling a spate of corruption cases, Karnataka unit president ahead of next year Assembly Elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune