Karnatataka CM to order probe into conspiracy to destabilise BJP govt
Udupi: Beleaguered Chief Minister B S
Yeddyurappa on Saturday said he will order a judicial probe into the
conspiracy hatched by party rebels to destabilise him.
Yeddyurappa, who had to face two floor tests in the
assembly after 16 MLAs, including 11 from his party, withdrew
support to the BJP`s first ever government in south, told
reporters that the probe will be conducted by a retired high
After offering worship at the Kollur Mookambika temple
near here, the Chief Minister said he would announce the
judicial probe after the High Court pronounced its verdict on
petitions by the 16 MLAs challenging their disqualification
from the assembly membership.
A third judge of the court to whom the matter was
referred after a split verdict by a two-member division Bench,
has reserved his order on the disqualification of 11 BJP
rebels. Another bench will hear on November 2 petitions filed
by five independent MLAs.
Yeddyurappa accused the Opposition parties of making
attempts to topple his government and warned them that the
people will not tolerate such attempts.
"BJP government is an elected government. It should be
allowed to complete its term in office", he said.
Meanwhile, in Mysore, Opposition Congress leader in
the Assembly Siddaramaiah claimed that over 30 Congress MLAs
were approached by BJP leaders offering money and official
positions to quit their Assembly membership and said he will
soon come out with documentary evidence in this connection.
Congress MLAs S V Ramachandra and M Naryanasamy and a
JDS MLA M C Aswath, have resigned their assembly membership in
moves which the opposition says were engineered by BJP to
reduce the opposition strength.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof