Karnnataka: JD-S leader stabbed to death
Gulbarga: Janata Dal-S leader Arvind Naroni was Wednesday stabbed to death by two persons near Aland Naka on the outskirts of the city, police said.
The duo who came on a motorbike, accosted him near a shopping complex, stabbed him on the back and neck and fled the spot, they said.
Naroni (52) was former president of the state unit of milk producers, Gulbarga.
Police said an attempt was made on his life last year too, when some persons opened fire at him at Aland.
He is survived by his wife, a zilla panchayat member at Narona.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon