Karnnataka: JD-S leader stabbed to death
Gulbarga: Janata Dal-S leader Arvind Naroni was Wednesday stabbed to death by two persons near Aland Naka on the outskirts of the city, police said.
The duo who came on a motorbike, accosted him near a shopping complex, stabbed him on the back and neck and fled the spot, they said.
Naroni (52) was former president of the state unit of milk producers, Gulbarga.
Police said an attempt was made on his life last year too, when some persons opened fire at him at Aland.
He is survived by his wife, a zilla panchayat member at Narona.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Libya parliament rejects UN-backed unity government
- Ind vs WI: Day 5 washed out, Virat Kohli & co win series 2-0 but lose top ranking
- John Kerry urges deployment of South Sudan protection force
- BSF troops deployed in J&K after 12 years
- Authorities initiate action to evict Payal Abdullah from J&K govt bungalow in Delhi