Karnnataka: JD-S leader stabbed to death
Gulbarga: Janata Dal-S leader Arvind Naroni was Wednesday stabbed to death by two persons near Aland Naka on the outskirts of the city, police said.
The duo who came on a motorbike, accosted him near a shopping complex, stabbed him on the back and neck and fled the spot, they said.
Naroni (52) was former president of the state unit of milk producers, Gulbarga.
Police said an attempt was made on his life last year too, when some persons opened fire at him at Aland.
He is survived by his wife, a zilla panchayat member at Narona.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan