Karuna not to attend UPA-II anniversary
Chennai: DMK President M Karunanidhi, a key ally of Congress-led UPA, would not be attending the third anniversary celebrations of UPA-II in Delhi tomorrow, party sources said.
Karunanidhi would not take part in the dinner to be hosted by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for the leaders of UPA constituents and MPs and instead DMK`s Parliamentary Party Leader T R Baalur would represent the party, the sources said on Monday night.
However, the sources did not cite any reason for the 88-year old leader`s absence at the celebrations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read