Kejriwal campaigns against Moily in Karnataka
Chikkaballapur (Karnataka): AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal Sunday urged the electorate here to defeat Union Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister M Veerappa Moily of the Congress in the Lok Sabha election.
"Corrupt ministers like Moily should not be elected again as he had colluded (with a corporate house) to increase gas prices that will further fuel price rise," Kejriwal said in Chikkaballapur, 70 km from Bangalore.
The Congress has re-nominated Moily, a former Karnataka chief minister (1992-94), to contest from this rural constituency where he won in 2009 though he hails from the coastal Dakshina Kannada district, about 350 km away.
A day after hectic campaign across Bangalore Saturday, Kejriwal drove on a hot afternoon to Chikkaballapur in a convoy to seek votes for AAP candidate K. Arkesh, a retired police officer, contesting against Moily.
He introduced Arkesh to a motley crowd at a traffic junction.
"It is harmful for the country if leaders like Moily are allowed to loot the nation`s wealth," Kejriwal said.
As part of its anti-corruption drive, the Aam Aadmi Party has decided to contest against `corrupt` politicians like Ananth Kumar and B.S. Yeddyurappa of the BJP in Bangalore South and Shimoga parliamentary seats in the state.
The AAP has fielded social worker Nina Nayak against Ananth Kumar and social activist G. Sridhar Kallahalla against Yeddyurappa in the Lok Sabha polls to be held April 17 in Karnataka, which has 28 parliamentary seats.
As Kejriwal is unwell and looked tired after campaigning in Gujarat and Maharasthra, his road shows in other assembly segments of this Lok Sabha constituency were cancelled.
He returns to Bangalore to address a public rally in the evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Delhi Police may arrest Kabaddi player Rohit over wife's suicide
- Politics over Mahesh Sharma's visit to Ayodhya museum site ahead of UP elections
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!