Kejriwal campaigns against Moily in Karnataka
Chikkaballapur (Karnataka): AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal Sunday urged the electorate here to defeat Union Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister M Veerappa Moily of the Congress in the Lok Sabha election.
"Corrupt ministers like Moily should not be elected again as he had colluded (with a corporate house) to increase gas prices that will further fuel price rise," Kejriwal said in Chikkaballapur, 70 km from Bangalore.
The Congress has re-nominated Moily, a former Karnataka chief minister (1992-94), to contest from this rural constituency where he won in 2009 though he hails from the coastal Dakshina Kannada district, about 350 km away.
A day after hectic campaign across Bangalore Saturday, Kejriwal drove on a hot afternoon to Chikkaballapur in a convoy to seek votes for AAP candidate K. Arkesh, a retired police officer, contesting against Moily.
He introduced Arkesh to a motley crowd at a traffic junction.
"It is harmful for the country if leaders like Moily are allowed to loot the nation`s wealth," Kejriwal said.
As part of its anti-corruption drive, the Aam Aadmi Party has decided to contest against `corrupt` politicians like Ananth Kumar and B.S. Yeddyurappa of the BJP in Bangalore South and Shimoga parliamentary seats in the state.
The AAP has fielded social worker Nina Nayak against Ananth Kumar and social activist G. Sridhar Kallahalla against Yeddyurappa in the Lok Sabha polls to be held April 17 in Karnataka, which has 28 parliamentary seats.
As Kejriwal is unwell and looked tired after campaigning in Gujarat and Maharasthra, his road shows in other assembly segments of this Lok Sabha constituency were cancelled.
He returns to Bangalore to address a public rally in the evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Indian Premier League 9, Qualifier 1: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Gujarat Lions - As it happened...
- Angelina Jolie to teach masters course at London School of Economics!
- Sarbananda Sonowal takes charge as Assam’s first BJP CM, PM Modi attends his swearing-in
- Desperate times, desperate measures! Parineeti Chopra's make-up ain’t gonna stop – See pic
- IPL 9 VIDEO: When Shikhar Dhawan, Yuvraj Singh became Gabbar and taxi driver