Kidnapped boy found dead in Mysore
Mysore: Tragedy befell a family of a jeweller when the news of murder of one of their sons, who had been kidnapped for ransom, struck them on Wednesday.
The body of Sanjay (18), who had been kidnapped for Rs 50 lakh ransom, was found near Varuna canal about 25 kms away from the city, police said.
The boy was the eldest of three sons of a jeweller, police said.
Sanjay was kindapped on December 12 and the abductors had placed a demand for Rs 50 lakh ransom for his release. His father Taranath had lodged a complaint with Vijayanagar police in this connection.
However police said they had made efforts to trace the boy, but did not succeed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Boxing as good as dead in India, rues Mary Kom
- David Cameron calls on LGBT community to live 'freely'
- Wimbledon: Andy Murray and admirer of `incredibly consistent` Novak Djokovic
- Defence Ministry nod to buy 145 ultra light howitzers from US
- Dominika Cibulkova beats Karolina Pliskova in Eastbourne final, claims first grass court title