Kidnapped boy found dead in Mysore
Mysore: Tragedy befell a family of a jeweller when the news of murder of one of their sons, who had been kidnapped for ransom, struck them on Wednesday.
The body of Sanjay (18), who had been kidnapped for Rs 50 lakh ransom, was found near Varuna canal about 25 kms away from the city, police said.
The boy was the eldest of three sons of a jeweller, police said.
Sanjay was kindapped on December 12 and the abductors had placed a demand for Rs 50 lakh ransom for his release. His father Taranath had lodged a complaint with Vijayanagar police in this connection.
However police said they had made efforts to trace the boy, but did not succeed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations