Kidnapped boy found dead in Mysore
Mysore: Tragedy befell a family of a jeweller when the news of murder of one of their sons, who had been kidnapped for ransom, struck them on Wednesday.
The body of Sanjay (18), who had been kidnapped for Rs 50 lakh ransom, was found near Varuna canal about 25 kms away from the city, police said.
The boy was the eldest of three sons of a jeweller, police said.
Sanjay was kindapped on December 12 and the abductors had placed a demand for Rs 50 lakh ransom for his release. His father Taranath had lodged a complaint with Vijayanagar police in this connection.
However police said they had made efforts to trace the boy, but did not succeed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire