KJP founder says he faces threats to life from Yeddyurappa
Chennai: Founder president of Karnataka Janata Party Padmanabha Prassana Kumar today alleged he faced threats to his life in Karnataka from B S Yeddyurappa, who is heading KJP now and he wanted `political asylum` in Tamil Nadu.
Kumar alleged that he has been receiving threats from Yeddyurappa and his son ever since he wrote to the Election Commission, stating that KJP had decided to revoke the decision to nominate Yeddyurappa as state unit president.
"I have been receiving life threat from him (Yeddyurappa) and his son", he claimed, adding he had requested the President, Prime Minister, Union Home Minister and Karnataka Governor (to provide him security).
"So I cannot go without security to Karnataka. There are threats to my life" an emotional Kumar told reporters here.
"On January 3, I went to Election Commission and submitted all documents. From there I left Karnataka and came to Chennai for political asylum. I need political asylum."
Kumar said he would meet Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa later today seeking security "as there is no safety for me or my family in Karnataka."
Kumar alleged Yeddyurappa had been admitted to KJP as he had given `some assurances` after leaving BJP. "That`s why we took him into our party. I believed his assurances to be true, based on which he was admitted to the party last year."
After breaking ranks with BJP, Yeddyurappa had taken over as KJP president at a rally at Haveri in North Karnataka on Dec 9 2012. KJP had been in existence earlier but became prominent after Yeddyurappa walked into it and formally launched it at the rally.
Yeddyurappa had rubbished Prasanna`s move to dislodge him from the party post, saying the latter had already informed EC on giving up the post and that he had taken over as President.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune