KJP rejects former founder claim, expels him from party
Bangalore: The fledgling Karnataka Janata Party (KJP) today witnessed power struggle after its former founder shot off a letter to the Election Commission removing incumbent president BS Yeddyurappa, a development described by KJP as a "conspiracy" by opposition parties.
Hours after copies of a communication addressed to the Election Commission by KJP founder President Padmanabha Prasanna, revoking Yeddyurappa`s nomination as party President, made its way into the press, the party expelled Prasanna from the primary membership.
"The reported expulsion of Yeddyurappa from KJP is far from truth", KJP General Secretary Rajendra Ghokale said in a statement here.
Ghokale said Prasanna had, in a letter to EC on January 17, stated that he has resigned as party President on November 9, 2012 and that V Dhananjaya Kumar was elected as the new President.
The Executive Committee held on December 1, 2012 and December 10, 2012 elected B S Yeddyurappa as the President.
The General Body that met on Dec 11, 2012 confirmed these appointments, he said and relased copies of letters to the press.
The EC in a letter to Prasanna on Jan 15 had rejected his claim for continuing as "main founder president" as there was no provision for the post in the KJP constitution.
However, Prasanna had in a letter to EC on Jan 3 stated that the party`s Emergency Executive Committee, which met on Dec 20, 2012, decided to revoke the decision to nominate Yeddyurappa as state unit presdient and he would retain the post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder