KJP rejects former founder claim, expels him from party
Bangalore: The fledgling Karnataka Janata Party (KJP) today witnessed power struggle after its former founder shot off a letter to the Election Commission removing incumbent president BS Yeddyurappa, a development described by KJP as a "conspiracy" by opposition parties.
Hours after copies of a communication addressed to the Election Commission by KJP founder President Padmanabha Prasanna, revoking Yeddyurappa`s nomination as party President, made its way into the press, the party expelled Prasanna from the primary membership.
"The reported expulsion of Yeddyurappa from KJP is far from truth", KJP General Secretary Rajendra Ghokale said in a statement here.
Ghokale said Prasanna had, in a letter to EC on January 17, stated that he has resigned as party President on November 9, 2012 and that V Dhananjaya Kumar was elected as the new President.
The Executive Committee held on December 1, 2012 and December 10, 2012 elected B S Yeddyurappa as the President.
The General Body that met on Dec 11, 2012 confirmed these appointments, he said and relased copies of letters to the press.
The EC in a letter to Prasanna on Jan 15 had rejected his claim for continuing as "main founder president" as there was no provision for the post in the KJP constitution.
However, Prasanna had in a letter to EC on Jan 3 stated that the party`s Emergency Executive Committee, which met on Dec 20, 2012, decided to revoke the decision to nominate Yeddyurappa as state unit presdient and he would retain the post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA