KJP vows to topple BJP Govt in Karnataka
Bangalore: Eager to stall presentation of an election budget by the Jagadish Shettar Ministry, Karnataka Janatha Party of BS Yeddyurappa is holding its executive committee meeting here Friday to finalise `an action plan` to bring down the first BJP government in the south.
"We may not allow this government to present the budget. We will finalise an action plan to bring down the Shettar government at the KJP Executive meeting slated for tomorrow", Yeddyurappa, who last month quit the BJP to head the KJP, said Thursday.
According to indications from the Chief Minister`s secretariat, Shettar plans to present the 2013-14 budget on February 8 ahead of the Assembly polls due in May this year.
Talking to reporters here last night, Yeddyurappa said the government was "dead". People who met him during his tour of the state had demanded that it be not allowed to continue, he said, adding he was cobbling up the required number of BJP MLAs to topple the government.
Yeddyurappa, who quit BJP last month after being upset over his neglect by the party leadership, has been working overtime to ensure that more than 20 MLAs and a few ministers, loyal to him, resign en masse.
"How many MLAs will remain with BJP is the question now", he quipped on being queried how many legislators will heed to his call of en masse resignation.
"I am very clear that we should not allow this government to continue," Yeddyurappa, who was instrumental in installing the BJP government in 2008, said.
He claimed that his successor and friend-turned foe D V Sadananda Gowda and the incumbent Shettar, again his choice for the chief ministership, pushed Karnataka to 11th place in development in the last one-and-half years, which he said was in the second spot under his leadership.
Yeddyurappa, on his second leg of tour in parts of the state, said he planned to enroll about 25 lakh members in his fledgling party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read