KJP vows to topple BJP Govt in Karnataka
Bangalore: Eager to stall presentation of an election budget by the Jagadish Shettar Ministry, Karnataka Janatha Party of BS Yeddyurappa is holding its executive committee meeting here Friday to finalise `an action plan` to bring down the first BJP government in the south.
"We may not allow this government to present the budget. We will finalise an action plan to bring down the Shettar government at the KJP Executive meeting slated for tomorrow", Yeddyurappa, who last month quit the BJP to head the KJP, said Thursday.
According to indications from the Chief Minister`s secretariat, Shettar plans to present the 2013-14 budget on February 8 ahead of the Assembly polls due in May this year.
Talking to reporters here last night, Yeddyurappa said the government was "dead". People who met him during his tour of the state had demanded that it be not allowed to continue, he said, adding he was cobbling up the required number of BJP MLAs to topple the government.
Yeddyurappa, who quit BJP last month after being upset over his neglect by the party leadership, has been working overtime to ensure that more than 20 MLAs and a few ministers, loyal to him, resign en masse.
"How many MLAs will remain with BJP is the question now", he quipped on being queried how many legislators will heed to his call of en masse resignation.
"I am very clear that we should not allow this government to continue," Yeddyurappa, who was instrumental in installing the BJP government in 2008, said.
He claimed that his successor and friend-turned foe D V Sadananda Gowda and the incumbent Shettar, again his choice for the chief ministership, pushed Karnataka to 11th place in development in the last one-and-half years, which he said was in the second spot under his leadership.
Yeddyurappa, on his second leg of tour in parts of the state, said he planned to enroll about 25 lakh members in his fledgling party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend