Krishna slams Team Anna, says ready for probe
Ghaziabad: External Affairs Minister SM Krishna on Thursday categorically rejected the charges levelled against him by Team Anna that massive irregularities were committed during his tenure as Karnataka chief minister.
Addressing a press conference, Krishna said, “It is highly improper for the members of Team Anna to accuse me of something that is untrue. The matter is before the supreme court and the truth will come out soon.”
The External Affairs Minister also said that he was not afraid of any probe.
“Justice Santosh Hedge has given a clean chit to me in his report. However, I have no reservation for any kind of inquiry against me,” he stated.
He was responding to Team Anna’s charges that Krishna dereserved five forest blocks, comprising at least 10,000 hectares (reserved), for mining by private companies against the suggestions of the state forest secretary and forest minister.
Team Anna also produced copies of official documents in support of their claim.
The dereservation of forest land for mining (non-forest activity) is prohibited under the Forest Conservation Act 1980, Team Anna said.
It was also alleged that the state-owned public sector firm Mysore Minerals Ltd (MML), that owned high-grade iron ore fines, was deprived by Krishna of a vast opportunity to market the priced fines in international markets at lucrative prices that would have fetched the state government vast revenue.
Instead, shell companies owned by MLAs were given these highly priced iron ore fines, arbitrarily, at the behest of then mines minister and Krishna, the team said, insisting the mining mafia originated in Bellary during Krishna`s rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state