Krishna slams Team Anna, says ready for probe
Ghaziabad: External Affairs Minister SM Krishna on Thursday categorically rejected the charges levelled against him by Team Anna that massive irregularities were committed during his tenure as Karnataka chief minister.
Addressing a press conference, Krishna said, “It is highly improper for the members of Team Anna to accuse me of something that is untrue. The matter is before the supreme court and the truth will come out soon.”
The External Affairs Minister also said that he was not afraid of any probe.
“Justice Santosh Hedge has given a clean chit to me in his report. However, I have no reservation for any kind of inquiry against me,” he stated.
He was responding to Team Anna’s charges that Krishna dereserved five forest blocks, comprising at least 10,000 hectares (reserved), for mining by private companies against the suggestions of the state forest secretary and forest minister.
Team Anna also produced copies of official documents in support of their claim.
The dereservation of forest land for mining (non-forest activity) is prohibited under the Forest Conservation Act 1980, Team Anna said.
It was also alleged that the state-owned public sector firm Mysore Minerals Ltd (MML), that owned high-grade iron ore fines, was deprived by Krishna of a vast opportunity to market the priced fines in international markets at lucrative prices that would have fetched the state government vast revenue.
Instead, shell companies owned by MLAs were given these highly priced iron ore fines, arbitrarily, at the behest of then mines minister and Krishna, the team said, insisting the mining mafia originated in Bellary during Krishna`s rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp