Krishnappa murder case: 15 held remanded to JC
Bangalore: A local court on Saturday remanded to 14 days judicial custody a 15-member gang arrested in connection with the murder of JDS leader B M L Krishnappa last month.
The 15 member-gang led by Muniraju of Andrahalli,Peenya, a close confidant of Bettanagere Seena, a gang leader, was produced before the Nelamangala Judicial Magistrate First Class (JMFC) court which remaded them to judicial custody.
Krishnappa, the Opposition leader in the Bangalore Rural Zilla Panchayat and JD(S) leader was hacked to death by over 30 assailants at Dasanapura on July 25.
The gang was recently arrested from their hideout in Andrahalli in a joint operation by Bangalore Rural Police and the City Crime Branch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez