K’taka: Another Manipuri student commits suicide
Bangalore: Close on the heels of a Manipuri student who was found dead in "mysterious circumstances" in his college hostel last month, another student from the north-eastern state allegedly committed suicide here by hanging.
The deceased was identified as Jackio Heisnam (23), a second year student of Mechanical Engineering in Bangalore Institute of Engineering in Chandapura taluk in Bangalore district, police said on Friday.
Police said Jackio had a heated argument with his 19-year-old girl friend, also from Manipur, as she had not been answering his phone calls for the past few days. Though she explained that she was busy with her exams, Jackio suspected her of cheating on him and started shouting at her.
In the course of the argument at his rented room in Suddaguntepalya late last night, Jackio picked up a wire and twisted it around his neck and hung himself from the fan in front of the girl, police said.
Immediately, the girl cut the wire and called out to his friend in the next room and rushed Jackio to a private hospital where he was declared brought dead, sources said.
"Jackio`s parents have been informed and they are on their way to Bangalore. We will be questioning them as well as his girl friend (who is a second year student in BA in a city college)", police said.
On April 18, 19 year-old Loitham Richard was found dead in "mysterious circumstances" in his room in the college hostel at Madanayakanahalli in Bangalore district.
While police initially said he died as a result of a road accident, the student`s friends and family alleged he suffered fatal injuries in an assault by seniors a day earlier.
The death sparked off protests in Bangalore and New Delhi with the protesters demanding justice for Loitham.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state