K’taka BJP to stage dharna for sacking of Governor
Bangalore: The ruling BJP in Karnataka
today decided to stage a dharna along with its ministers and
legislators in Delhi, demanding the sacking of the state`s
Governor H R Bhardwaj for his outbursts against its government
and some ministers.
BJP Core Committee which met here under the leadership
of Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa, resolved to hold the dharna
in front of the Rashtrapati Bhavan to register the
government`s ire over the conduct of the Governor, who
yesterday sought action against two ministers, the Reddy
brothers of Bellary, in the light of allegations of illegal
mining against them.
Highly placed sources said those who attended the
meeting expressed their anguish over the governor `targeting`
the BJP government and flayed his actions.
The sources said a date would be fixed for the dharna
after the completion of the state`s current legislature
session which has been disrupted in the wake of dharna
resorted to by Opposition Congress and JDS demanding CBI
investigation into the illegal mining scam.
Both the houses of the Legislatures have been
witnessing turmoil since July 9 over the issue.
Bhardwaj, who called on President Pratibha Patil
yesterday in Delhi, told reporters that he has asked
Yeddyurappa to take action against Tourism Minister G
Janardhana Reddy and his brother Revenue Minister G Karunakara
Reddy in the wake of allegations of their involvement in
The Governor, who has already referred a complaint
seeking the disqualification of the Reddy brothers and Health
Minister B Sreeramulu from their legislature membership to the
Election Commission, had said "I have taken serious note of
the issue. I have informed the Chief Minister of my concern
and to the central government...whether they can continue as
ministers and indulge in corrupt practices and make profit".
In his initial reaction, Karunakara Reddy yesterday
said they would initiate legal action against the Governor for
his remarks on corruption against them.
The Core Committee meeting was attended by state BJP
President K S Eswrappa, Ministers -- R Ashok, Basavaraj
Bommai, Katta Subramanya Naidu and Jagadish Shettar, besides
Yeddyurappa, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part IV
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part V
- France priest killer was 'Syria obsessed time-bomb'
- Bharti Airtel Q1 profit dips 31% to Rs 1,462 crore
- Popularity of ghazals increasing, says Rekha Bhardwaj
- Lok Sabha passes Bill to check benami transactions
- Activist Trupti Desai beats up man with slipper in public for refusing to marry – Watch viral video