K`taka by-polls: BJP says people will vote for it
Bangalore: The BJP on Wednesday said people will vote
for its candidates and stability of the Yeddyurappa-led
Karnataka government in the three Assembly seats going for
by-polls on April 9.
"People want stability of the Government led by Chief
Minister B S Yeddyurappa. They will elect BJP candidates in
all three constituencies", State unit BJP Spokesman Ayanur
Manjunath and state`s Special Representative in New Delhi V
Dhananjayakumar told a press conference here.
However, the BJP leaders could not answer to a poser on
whether the party would continue to lure MLAs from opposition
parties to consolidate its strength in the 224-member
The ruling BJP has now 106 members and support of a lone
Independent. It requires 113 for a simple majority.
Following the disqualification of 16 MLAs under
anti-defection laws and resignation of four, BJP`s strength
has been reduced to 204. The Congress has 71 and JD(S) 27.
Manjunath said most JD(S) MLAs would desert the party,
"which has been reduced to a father and son party and of local
Both leaders said Congress has no chance of winning even
one seat in the coming by-elections.
Meanwhile state unit Spokesman S Prakash said he has
submitted a memorandum to the Election Commission to ensure
that outsiders do not enter Chennapatna Assembly constituency
to avoid repeat of violence witnessed during last year`s
Chennapatna is witnessing polls for the third time since
the 2008 Assembly election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users