K`taka by-polls: BJP says people will vote for it
Bangalore: The BJP on Wednesday said people will vote
for its candidates and stability of the Yeddyurappa-led
Karnataka government in the three Assembly seats going for
by-polls on April 9.
"People want stability of the Government led by Chief
Minister B S Yeddyurappa. They will elect BJP candidates in
all three constituencies", State unit BJP Spokesman Ayanur
Manjunath and state`s Special Representative in New Delhi V
Dhananjayakumar told a press conference here.
However, the BJP leaders could not answer to a poser on
whether the party would continue to lure MLAs from opposition
parties to consolidate its strength in the 224-member
The ruling BJP has now 106 members and support of a lone
Independent. It requires 113 for a simple majority.
Following the disqualification of 16 MLAs under
anti-defection laws and resignation of four, BJP`s strength
has been reduced to 204. The Congress has 71 and JD(S) 27.
Manjunath said most JD(S) MLAs would desert the party,
"which has been reduced to a father and son party and of local
Both leaders said Congress has no chance of winning even
one seat in the coming by-elections.
Meanwhile state unit Spokesman S Prakash said he has
submitted a memorandum to the Election Commission to ensure
that outsiders do not enter Chennapatna Assembly constituency
to avoid repeat of violence witnessed during last year`s
Chennapatna is witnessing polls for the third time since
the 2008 Assembly election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief