K’taka: Chopper lifted off from apartment’s roof
Bangalore: The chopper which had landed atop a building roof in Banglaore was brought down on Friday. The chopper of the state-run Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) had made an emergency landing on the roof of an apartment building in east suburb area in Bangalore yesterday evening here due to some technical glitches.
The helicopter was being flown by two trainee pilots when it developed a technical glitch in the air. Both the pilot and the co-pilot escaped with minor injuries.
"The Schweizer-300C helicopter of our rotary wing academy, which was on a training sortie, landed on top a building near BEML (Bharat Earth Movers Ltd), Kalyana Mantap in the eastern suburb. Its pilots Air Commodore (Retd) Roj Assey, 56, and trainee captain Digvijay Singh, 25, ejected safely with minor injuries," a HAL official said.
The HAL helicopter was on a routine training sortie over the city for about 130 minutes when it suddenly lost altitude and descended before landing on the rooftop of a private building.
Though there was no damage to the building but the chopper suffered damage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested