K’taka CM, Dy CM expresses grief over Kurien`s death
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar Sunday expressed grief over the death of Verghese Kurien, the father of India’s `white revolution.`
Kurien laid the foundation for `operation flood` at Anand in Gujarat by starting Milk Produce Co-operative Society which later spread across the nation including Karnataka, the Chief Minister said in his condolence message.
"Milk Produce Co-operative Societies have been mainly responsible for strengthening the rural economy. In the death of Kurien, the nation has lost a committed promoter of cooperative movement and an able administrator", he said.
Deputy Chief Minister and state BJP President K S Eswarappa also mourned the death of Kurien, describing him as a person who transformed India from a milk deficient nation to a self-reliant one.
"With Kurien`s death, we have lost a visionary who changed people`s perception about the efficiency of cooperative sector", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda