K`taka CM promises support to UIDAI`s second phase
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar on Saturday assured the state`s support for the second phase of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) project expected to commence from this October.
Shettar gave the assurance to UIDAI Chairman Nandan Nilekani when the latter called on on him here.
Sources in the Chief Minister`s Secretariat said Nilekani informed that the authority had so far issued 1.41 crore cards in Karnataka and will take up the second phase in October to enroll the remaining 3.91 crore population.
Shettar said the government was ready to release the state`s share of funding for the project.
Chief Secretary S V Ranganath, Principal Secretary to IT and BT Department I S N Prasad were also present at the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray