K`taka CM promises support to UIDAI`s second phase
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar on Saturday assured the state`s support for the second phase of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) project expected to commence from this October.
Shettar gave the assurance to UIDAI Chairman Nandan Nilekani when the latter called on on him here.
Sources in the Chief Minister`s Secretariat said Nilekani informed that the authority had so far issued 1.41 crore cards in Karnataka and will take up the second phase in October to enroll the remaining 3.91 crore population.
Shettar said the government was ready to release the state`s share of funding for the project.
Chief Secretary S V Ranganath, Principal Secretary to IT and BT Department I S N Prasad were also present at the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday