K’taka CM seeks officials` support for development
Bangalore: A day after assuming office as
Chief Minister of Karnataka, D V Sadananda Gowda on Friday
interacted with top officials and sought their cooperation to
hasten development and provide a responsive administration.
"I expect that all departments would function effectively
without any lacunae. Maintaining law and order across the
state is a priority for us. I am sure all of you would
function with sincerity and service moto," he told Principal
Secretaries and Secretaries at a meeting held here.
Seeking closer coordination between the political
leadership and the administration, he wanted heads of
departments to ensure that all files are cleared within 15
"I have my own dreams towards building a strong and
empowered state. The strategies are also in place. There have
been sincere efforts on the part of the first BJP Government
in the state during the last 38 months towards implementing
various assurances given in the party manifesto Sankalpa," he
Gowda told the officials he has responsibility of
implementing all ongoing programmes and policies started by
his predecessor B S Yeddyurappa.
He also recalled the development model implemented by
previous Chief Ministers like late K C Reddy, K Hanumanthaiah,
S Nijalingappa, Veerendrapatil, D Devaraj Urs and Ramakrishna
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics