K’taka CM seeks officials` support for development
Bangalore: A day after assuming office as
Chief Minister of Karnataka, D V Sadananda Gowda on Friday
interacted with top officials and sought their cooperation to
hasten development and provide a responsive administration.
"I expect that all departments would function effectively
without any lacunae. Maintaining law and order across the
state is a priority for us. I am sure all of you would
function with sincerity and service moto," he told Principal
Secretaries and Secretaries at a meeting held here.
Seeking closer coordination between the political
leadership and the administration, he wanted heads of
departments to ensure that all files are cleared within 15
"I have my own dreams towards building a strong and
empowered state. The strategies are also in place. There have
been sincere efforts on the part of the first BJP Government
in the state during the last 38 months towards implementing
various assurances given in the party manifesto Sankalpa," he
Gowda told the officials he has responsibility of
implementing all ongoing programmes and policies started by
his predecessor B S Yeddyurappa.
He also recalled the development model implemented by
previous Chief Ministers like late K C Reddy, K Hanumanthaiah,
S Nijalingappa, Veerendrapatil, D Devaraj Urs and Ramakrishna
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!