K`taka: Complaint filed against BBMP, Slum Board
Bangalore: A private complaint was Monday filed in the Lokayukta court against city civic body corporators and officials of Slum Development Board and MLAs, alleging irregularities in allotment of houses to slum dwellers.
In his complaint, Ramakrishna, a small time businessman and social activist alleged that Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike Corporators in collusion with Slum Development Board officials had allotted houses under JNURM to 19 slum dwellers in Chandra Layout, who had already been given possession certificates of such houses.
He charged that many persons who were not slum dwellers had also been included in the JNURM.
"This is not the case of just one slum but many slums in the city where such irregularities are being indulged in by corporators, MLAs and SDB officials", he submitted without however naming any of them.
Judge N K Sudhindra Rao posted the matter for hearing on March 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation