K`taka: Complaint filed against BBMP, Slum Board
Bangalore: A private complaint was Monday filed in the Lokayukta court against city civic body corporators and officials of Slum Development Board and MLAs, alleging irregularities in allotment of houses to slum dwellers.
In his complaint, Ramakrishna, a small time businessman and social activist alleged that Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike Corporators in collusion with Slum Development Board officials had allotted houses under JNURM to 19 slum dwellers in Chandra Layout, who had already been given possession certificates of such houses.
He charged that many persons who were not slum dwellers had also been included in the JNURM.
"This is not the case of just one slum but many slums in the city where such irregularities are being indulged in by corporators, MLAs and SDB officials", he submitted without however naming any of them.
Judge N K Sudhindra Rao posted the matter for hearing on March 22.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan