K`taka: Complaint filed against BBMP, Slum Board
Bangalore: A private complaint was Monday filed in the Lokayukta court against city civic body corporators and officials of Slum Development Board and MLAs, alleging irregularities in allotment of houses to slum dwellers.
In his complaint, Ramakrishna, a small time businessman and social activist alleged that Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike Corporators in collusion with Slum Development Board officials had allotted houses under JNURM to 19 slum dwellers in Chandra Layout, who had already been given possession certificates of such houses.
He charged that many persons who were not slum dwellers had also been included in the JNURM.
"This is not the case of just one slum but many slums in the city where such irregularities are being indulged in by corporators, MLAs and SDB officials", he submitted without however naming any of them.
Judge N K Sudhindra Rao posted the matter for hearing on March 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter