K`taka: Complaint filed against BBMP, Slum Board
Bangalore: A private complaint was Monday filed in the Lokayukta court against city civic body corporators and officials of Slum Development Board and MLAs, alleging irregularities in allotment of houses to slum dwellers.
In his complaint, Ramakrishna, a small time businessman and social activist alleged that Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike Corporators in collusion with Slum Development Board officials had allotted houses under JNURM to 19 slum dwellers in Chandra Layout, who had already been given possession certificates of such houses.
He charged that many persons who were not slum dwellers had also been included in the JNURM.
"This is not the case of just one slum but many slums in the city where such irregularities are being indulged in by corporators, MLAs and SDB officials", he submitted without however naming any of them.
Judge N K Sudhindra Rao posted the matter for hearing on March 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!