K’taka Cong denies hand in church attack; calls for CBI inquiry
Hubli: Congress leader Siddramaiah on Sunday
refuted allegations by Karnataka Chief Minsiter B S
Yeddyurappa about the party`s hand in a church attack and
demanded a CBI inquiry to bring out the truth.
Talking to reporters, he said the BJP should bring forth
evidence to prove that the Congress and JDS were behind the
Yeddyurppa had earlier said he saw a plot by the
opposition Congress and JDS to oust his government in the
context of vandalisation of a church in Bangalore rural
district last week.
Dubbing the BJP government as an "irresponsible" one, he
said the party did not appear to have any belief in
parliamentary democracy and had a "fascist face" to it.
The Congress would launch an agitation in the state after
the conclusion of the current assembly session to create
awareness about the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought