K’taka: Cong to stage protest against Advani yatra
Bangalore: Opposition Congress in Karnataka
on Saturday said it would stage black flag demonstration against
BJP leader LK Advani`s yatra in the city and other places from tomorrow.
Taking a dig at the yatra against corruption and Advani`s
visit to Karnataka, where some BJP leaders are facing
corruption charges, KPCC President G Parameshwara said he was
"surprised" that Advani was coming to the state.
"The strange fact is that the convener of the yatra,
Anantkumar himself is facing corruption allegations in HUDCO
scam", Parameshwara told reporters after chairing a party
meeting at which agitation plans against the yatra were drawn.
BJP has no moral right to fight against corruption as its
government in the state was facing corruption allegations and
its former Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa, some former
ministers and even an MLA is in jail, he said.
"Is Advani coming to Karnataka to endorse the corruption
engaged by his party government and to give some advise to its
leaders?" Parameshwara asked.
"I request the BJP senior leader even now to call off his
visit to the state".
Congress will stage black flag demonstrations against the
yatra in Bangalore, Mangalore, Udupi and Karwar, he said,
adding, a rally will also be staged in the city tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters