K’taka: Cong to stage protest against Advani yatra
Bangalore: Opposition Congress in Karnataka
on Saturday said it would stage black flag demonstration against
BJP leader LK Advani`s yatra in the city and other places from tomorrow.
Taking a dig at the yatra against corruption and Advani`s
visit to Karnataka, where some BJP leaders are facing
corruption charges, KPCC President G Parameshwara said he was
"surprised" that Advani was coming to the state.
"The strange fact is that the convener of the yatra,
Anantkumar himself is facing corruption allegations in HUDCO
scam", Parameshwara told reporters after chairing a party
meeting at which agitation plans against the yatra were drawn.
BJP has no moral right to fight against corruption as its
government in the state was facing corruption allegations and
its former Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa, some former
ministers and even an MLA is in jail, he said.
"Is Advani coming to Karnataka to endorse the corruption
engaged by his party government and to give some advise to its
leaders?" Parameshwara asked.
"I request the BJP senior leader even now to call off his
visit to the state".
Congress will stage black flag demonstrations against the
yatra in Bangalore, Mangalore, Udupi and Karwar, he said,
adding, a rally will also be staged in the city tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues