K`taka cop succumbs to bullet wounds in Hyd hospital
Hyderabad: A Police Sub-Inspector from Karnataka, who received bullet injuries in his head during a shootout with an alleged criminal in Gulbarga district, died at a hospital here in early hours Wednesday.
PSI Mallikarjun Bande (40) was admitted to a hospital on January 9 after he sustained head injuries and had been kept on ventilator.
"He (Bande) died at around 12.40 AM while undergoing treatment," hospital sources said, adding that his body has been shifted to a Government Hospital here for conducting post-mortem.
Bande had undergone surgery for removal of two bullets in his head (near brain) at a hospital in Gulbarga earlier, after he and another policeman from Karnataka were injured in the shootout with alleged criminal Munna Darbar on January 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand