K`taka crisis: Party leadership to convey decision
Bangalore: Indicating the imminent replacement of D V Sadananda Gowda as Karnataka Chief Minister, state BJP president K S Eshwarappa today said he believed that the party`s central leaders have solved the leadership issue and would abide by their decision.
"I believe that the party`s central leaders have solved the leadership issue and all state leaders will abide by whatever decision they take," he told reporters after visiting a temple near Mandya, some 91 km from here.
A decision from the party`s central leadership is likely to be conveyed within a week, Eshwarappa said.
He also said the party would continue to give good governance to the people in the coming days. "The party will like to give good government as Gowda and former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa have done," he said.
Inspite of the political crisis, the people of the state have shown faith in the BJP as it is reflected in the party winning five of the six seats in the recently held Council elections, Eshwarappa said.
Taking a dig at Congress, Eshwarappa said the question of dissolving the Assembly does not arise as the people have "blessed" the party to complete its five year term.
"But if the Congress conspires to force an early Assembly elections, the BJP is ready to face it," he said.
Meanwhile, Karnataka Home Minister R Ashok said the party`s central leadership would issue a direction in the next two to three days.
The B S Yeddyurappa faction has been seeking Sadananda Gowda`s removal and projecting Rural Development Minister Jagadish Shettar as the alternative.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview