K’taka DGP visits Naxal affected areas
Udupi: Karnataka DGP M Shankar Bidari Thursday visited Naxal infested areas in the district and urged people to exercise their franchise fearlessly in the March 18 bypoll to Uudpi-Chikmagalur Lok Sabha constituency.
Speaking to reporters here, he said adequate police personnel would be deployed during the poll and people need not have any apprehension over security issues. Ten companies of paramilitary forces would be deployed in Naxal affected areas to keep vigil, he said.
Bidari visited Shankaranarayana near Kundapur, Karakala and Hebri. He also held discussions with top district police officials.
Bidari`s visit comes in the backdrop of an exhange of fire between police and naxals on March 10, in which a constable attached to Anti-Naxal Force was injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!