K’taka DGP visits Naxal affected areas
Udupi: Karnataka DGP M Shankar Bidari Thursday visited Naxal infested areas in the district and urged people to exercise their franchise fearlessly in the March 18 bypoll to Uudpi-Chikmagalur Lok Sabha constituency.
Speaking to reporters here, he said adequate police personnel would be deployed during the poll and people need not have any apprehension over security issues. Ten companies of paramilitary forces would be deployed in Naxal affected areas to keep vigil, he said.
Bidari visited Shankaranarayana near Kundapur, Karakala and Hebri. He also held discussions with top district police officials.
Bidari`s visit comes in the backdrop of an exhange of fire between police and naxals on March 10, in which a constable attached to Anti-Naxal Force was injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!