K’taka DGP visits Naxal affected areas
Udupi: Karnataka DGP M Shankar Bidari Thursday visited Naxal infested areas in the district and urged people to exercise their franchise fearlessly in the March 18 bypoll to Uudpi-Chikmagalur Lok Sabha constituency.
Speaking to reporters here, he said adequate police personnel would be deployed during the poll and people need not have any apprehension over security issues. Ten companies of paramilitary forces would be deployed in Naxal affected areas to keep vigil, he said.
Bidari visited Shankaranarayana near Kundapur, Karakala and Hebri. He also held discussions with top district police officials.
Bidari`s visit comes in the backdrop of an exhange of fire between police and naxals on March 10, in which a constable attached to Anti-Naxal Force was injured.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India