K’taka DGP visits Naxal affected areas
Udupi: Karnataka DGP M Shankar Bidari Thursday visited Naxal infested areas in the district and urged people to exercise their franchise fearlessly in the March 18 bypoll to Uudpi-Chikmagalur Lok Sabha constituency.
Speaking to reporters here, he said adequate police personnel would be deployed during the poll and people need not have any apprehension over security issues. Ten companies of paramilitary forces would be deployed in Naxal affected areas to keep vigil, he said.
Bidari visited Shankaranarayana near Kundapur, Karakala and Hebri. He also held discussions with top district police officials.
Bidari`s visit comes in the backdrop of an exhange of fire between police and naxals on March 10, in which a constable attached to Anti-Naxal Force was injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources