K’taka govt has taken steps to tackle drought: CM
Bangalore: The government has taken steps to
tackle the drought situation in 90 taluks and sufficient funds
have been released for relief works, Chief Minister D V
Sadananda Gowda said on Friday.
In a letter to Opposition Congress leader in the state
assembly, Siddaramaiah, copies of which were released to the
press here, Gowda said as on October 21, government has
released Rs 85.25 crore for relief works and Rs 137.30 crore
is available with Deputy Commissioners.
"Directions have been issued to officials to ensure
employment in drought hit areas, provide fodder to livestock
and drinking water to people.There is no resource crunch for
implementing scarcity relief works", Gowda said, apparently
responding to the opposition leader`s correspondence seeking
effective measures to help the drought-hit.
Gowda said he has toured Bijapur, Yadgir, Gadag, Bellary,
Raichur, Gulbarga, Belgaum, Shimoga, Koppal, Chitradurga, and
Mysore districts in the last two months and reviewed
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH