K’taka govt may crack whip on striking PU teachers
Sirsi: Karnataka Government today warned of a crackdown including invoking ESMA against Pre-University teachers if they failed to call off their three-day old strike demanding salaries on par with UGC scales.
Legal action under ESMA including suspension and break of
service would be initiated if the teachers did not call off
their agitation keeping in mind the future of students,
Minister for Primary and Secondary Education Vishweshwar Hegde
Kageri told reporter here.
A committee had already been constituted to look into the
pay structure anamolies of the teachers and it was likely to
submit its report in March, he said adding a decision would be
He said the second PUC exams schedule had already been
notified by the government and it will be held in March.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest