K’taka govt may crack whip on striking PU teachers
Sirsi: Karnataka Government today warned of a crackdown including invoking ESMA against Pre-University teachers if they failed to call off their three-day old strike demanding salaries on par with UGC scales.
Legal action under ESMA including suspension and break of
service would be initiated if the teachers did not call off
their agitation keeping in mind the future of students,
Minister for Primary and Secondary Education Vishweshwar Hegde
Kageri told reporter here.
A committee had already been constituted to look into the
pay structure anamolies of the teachers and it was likely to
submit its report in March, he said adding a decision would be
He said the second PUC exams schedule had already been
notified by the government and it will be held in March.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head