K’taka govt may crack whip on striking PU teachers
Sirsi: Karnataka Government today warned of a crackdown including invoking ESMA against Pre-University teachers if they failed to call off their three-day old strike demanding salaries on par with UGC scales.
Legal action under ESMA including suspension and break of
service would be initiated if the teachers did not call off
their agitation keeping in mind the future of students,
Minister for Primary and Secondary Education Vishweshwar Hegde
Kageri told reporter here.
A committee had already been constituted to look into the
pay structure anamolies of the teachers and it was likely to
submit its report in March, he said adding a decision would be
He said the second PUC exams schedule had already been
notified by the government and it will be held in March.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory