K`taka govt repeals ordinance amending the Panchayat Raj Act
Bangalore: The Karnataka cabinet on Tuesday
decided to repeal the ordinance amending the Panchayat Raj
Act, saying it has hurt the reservation quota of Other
Briefing reporters, Higher Education Minister V S Acharya
and Law and Parliamentary Affairs Minister S Suresh Kumar said
another ordinance would be issued to repeal the one
promulgated on October 10.
As a result of the October 10 ordinance, seats reserved
for OBCs had come down.
Giving details of other cabinet decisions, Acharya said
the "Vishwa Kannada Sammelana" (World Kannada Conference)
would be held in the border town of Belgaum for three days
from February 25 next year. The estimated cost for holding
this is Rs 30 crores.
A new agriculture university would come up in Shimoga
with districts of Shimoga, Hassan, Chitradurga, Davanagere,
Chikmagalur, Dakshina Kannada and Udupi coming under its
It would offer courses in agriculture and horticulture
besides the opportunity for research and extension.
Acharya said the Karnataka Housing Board would hand over
40 per cent of the developed land to its owners on the lines
of one existing in urban development authorities.
The Cabinet also gave the nod for revised estimate of the
second phase of Metro rail project for Bangalore. The cost has
gone up from an estimated Rs 5,453 crores in 2005-06 to Rs
6,395 crores now. It covers 51 km.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das