K`taka govt to increase rate of fancy vehicle numbers
Bangalore: Vehicle owners in Karnataka who
wish to own a fancy number will now have to shell out more
with the state government deciding to increase the rate
The state government has decided to enhance the fee
levied on vehicle owners who have a craze for fancy numbers,
Minister for Transport R Ashok told reporters here.
The existing rate of Rs 3,000 for two wheelers would go
up to Rs 6,000, for light motor vehicles including cars from
Rs 6,000 to Rs 20,000 and for other vehicles to Rs 30,000
from Rs 9,000, he said.
The government`s decision to increase the rates stemmed
from a huge demand for fancy numbers, he said.
The Transport department will soon be releasing new
series of registration numbers and the rates for fancy numbers
would go up further, Ashok said.
For new series of fancy numbers, two wheeler owners would
be charged Rs 25,000, LMVs Rs 25,000 to Rs 75,000 and similar
sum for other vehicles, he said.
Last year, the government earned Rs 10 crore revenue from
the sale of fancy vehicle numbers and this year it is expected
to touch Rs 30 crore, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites