K`taka govt to increase rate of fancy vehicle numbers
Bangalore: Vehicle owners in Karnataka who
wish to own a fancy number will now have to shell out more
with the state government deciding to increase the rate
The state government has decided to enhance the fee
levied on vehicle owners who have a craze for fancy numbers,
Minister for Transport R Ashok told reporters here.
The existing rate of Rs 3,000 for two wheelers would go
up to Rs 6,000, for light motor vehicles including cars from
Rs 6,000 to Rs 20,000 and for other vehicles to Rs 30,000
from Rs 9,000, he said.
The government`s decision to increase the rates stemmed
from a huge demand for fancy numbers, he said.
The Transport department will soon be releasing new
series of registration numbers and the rates for fancy numbers
would go up further, Ashok said.
For new series of fancy numbers, two wheeler owners would
be charged Rs 25,000, LMVs Rs 25,000 to Rs 75,000 and similar
sum for other vehicles, he said.
Last year, the government earned Rs 10 crore revenue from
the sale of fancy vehicle numbers and this year it is expected
to touch Rs 30 crore, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?