K`taka govt to increase rate of fancy vehicle numbers
Bangalore: Vehicle owners in Karnataka who
wish to own a fancy number will now have to shell out more
with the state government deciding to increase the rate
The state government has decided to enhance the fee
levied on vehicle owners who have a craze for fancy numbers,
Minister for Transport R Ashok told reporters here.
The existing rate of Rs 3,000 for two wheelers would go
up to Rs 6,000, for light motor vehicles including cars from
Rs 6,000 to Rs 20,000 and for other vehicles to Rs 30,000
from Rs 9,000, he said.
The government`s decision to increase the rates stemmed
from a huge demand for fancy numbers, he said.
The Transport department will soon be releasing new
series of registration numbers and the rates for fancy numbers
would go up further, Ashok said.
For new series of fancy numbers, two wheeler owners would
be charged Rs 25,000, LMVs Rs 25,000 to Rs 75,000 and similar
sum for other vehicles, he said.
Last year, the government earned Rs 10 crore revenue from
the sale of fancy vehicle numbers and this year it is expected
to touch Rs 30 crore, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow