K`taka govt to increase rate of fancy vehicle numbers
Bangalore: Vehicle owners in Karnataka who
wish to own a fancy number will now have to shell out more
with the state government deciding to increase the rate
The state government has decided to enhance the fee
levied on vehicle owners who have a craze for fancy numbers,
Minister for Transport R Ashok told reporters here.
The existing rate of Rs 3,000 for two wheelers would go
up to Rs 6,000, for light motor vehicles including cars from
Rs 6,000 to Rs 20,000 and for other vehicles to Rs 30,000
from Rs 9,000, he said.
The government`s decision to increase the rates stemmed
from a huge demand for fancy numbers, he said.
The Transport department will soon be releasing new
series of registration numbers and the rates for fancy numbers
would go up further, Ashok said.
For new series of fancy numbers, two wheeler owners would
be charged Rs 25,000, LMVs Rs 25,000 to Rs 75,000 and similar
sum for other vehicles, he said.
Last year, the government earned Rs 10 crore revenue from
the sale of fancy vehicle numbers and this year it is expected
to touch Rs 30 crore, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India