K’taka govt`s reply sought on students` humiliation
New Delhi: The Karnataka government has been asked by the national child rights body to submit a report following allegations that four students from economically weaker section (EWS) were humiliated in a prominent Bangalore school.
Taking suo motu cognisance of a media report, the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) directed Karnataka Education Secretary (Primary and Secondary Education) to get the matter investigated and take further necessary action. The Commission has also sought an Action Taken Report (ATR).
Parents of the students of Class I admitted under 25 per cent quota under Right to Education Act in the Bangalore school have alleged that the children were humiliated and discriminated against.
The mother of one of the children has alleged that the school did not take any action after she brought to its notice the incident of her daughter`s classmate cutting tufts of her hair.
The Commission yesterday asked the Secretary to provide to it details of alleged victimisation accorded to the students and to initiate necessary action against the concerned school authority and other functionaries, if found guilty.
It also instructed the Secretary to ensure that the children got immediate counselling at state cost.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan