K`taka Guv accepts Upa Lokayukta`s resignation
Bangalore: Karnataka Governor H R Bhardwaj
on Thursday accepted the resignation of Upa Lokayukta R Gururajan,
who quit citing personal and health reasons.
The resignation has been accepted with effect from today,
a Raj Bhavan communique said here.
Gururajan`s resignation yesterday has left the
three-member anti-corruption watchdog with only one Upa
Lokayukta Justice SB Majige.
Lokayukta Shivraj Patil, who succeeded former supreme
court judge Santosh Hegde in August, had quit last month
following a controversy that he and his wife owned plots in
the city in violation of rules.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Lemon: An ideal ingredient for your glowing skin, good health
- 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions: Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra stun with their chemistry on 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa'
- Pleasant music helps employees turn in better performances: Study
- Unbelievable! Airtel offers 10 GB 4G data at just Rs 250
- Using Facebook, Twitter may cut BP, diabetes in elderly