K`taka Guv accepts Upa Lokayukta`s resignation
Bangalore: Karnataka Governor H R Bhardwaj
on Thursday accepted the resignation of Upa Lokayukta R Gururajan,
who quit citing personal and health reasons.
The resignation has been accepted with effect from today,
a Raj Bhavan communique said here.
Gururajan`s resignation yesterday has left the
three-member anti-corruption watchdog with only one Upa
Lokayukta Justice SB Majige.
Lokayukta Shivraj Patil, who succeeded former supreme
court judge Santosh Hegde in August, had quit last month
following a controversy that he and his wife owned plots in
the city in violation of rules.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued