K`taka Guv accepts Upa Lokayukta`s resignation
Bangalore: Karnataka Governor H R Bhardwaj
on Thursday accepted the resignation of Upa Lokayukta R Gururajan,
who quit citing personal and health reasons.
The resignation has been accepted with effect from today,
a Raj Bhavan communique said here.
Gururajan`s resignation yesterday has left the
three-member anti-corruption watchdog with only one Upa
Lokayukta Justice SB Majige.
Lokayukta Shivraj Patil, who succeeded former supreme
court judge Santosh Hegde in August, had quit last month
following a controversy that he and his wife owned plots in
the city in violation of rules.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report