K`taka Guv accepts Upa Lokayukta`s resignation
Bangalore: Karnataka Governor H R Bhardwaj
on Thursday accepted the resignation of Upa Lokayukta R Gururajan,
who quit citing personal and health reasons.
The resignation has been accepted with effect from today,
a Raj Bhavan communique said here.
Gururajan`s resignation yesterday has left the
three-member anti-corruption watchdog with only one Upa
Lokayukta Justice SB Majige.
Lokayukta Shivraj Patil, who succeeded former supreme
court judge Santosh Hegde in August, had quit last month
following a controversy that he and his wife owned plots in
the city in violation of rules.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL