K`taka Guv accepts Upa Lokayukta`s resignation
Bangalore: Karnataka Governor H R Bhardwaj
on Thursday accepted the resignation of Upa Lokayukta R Gururajan,
who quit citing personal and health reasons.
The resignation has been accepted with effect from today,
a Raj Bhavan communique said here.
Gururajan`s resignation yesterday has left the
three-member anti-corruption watchdog with only one Upa
Lokayukta Justice SB Majige.
Lokayukta Shivraj Patil, who succeeded former supreme
court judge Santosh Hegde in August, had quit last month
following a controversy that he and his wife owned plots in
the city in violation of rules.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence