K`taka Guv demands action against rumour mongering
Bangalore: Karnataka Governor H R Bhardwaj on Saturday expressed satisfaction over the confidence building measures initiated by the state government to check exodus of Northeast people from the state and demanded that stern action be taken against rumour mongers.
"The government should ascertain the root cause for the exodus and bring to book mischievous elements who spread rumours that the northeast people would be attacked," he told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
Bhardwaj appealed to people of the Northeast not to flee the city as the government has taken steps to protect them. "I appeal to Northeast people not to flee the city. The government has taken steps to provide protection to the community in the state," he said.
Bhardwaj said they should not harbour any fears about their safety in Karnataka.
Meanwhile, a team of officials led by Arunachal Pradesh MP Takam Sanjoy met Home Minister R Ashok and assessed the situation here.
Sanjoy said the violence in Assam had created fear and apprehension among North Easterners here that they would be attacked, but such fear was unfounded.
A delegation of Karnataka unit of Congress led by its President G Parameshwara submitted a memorandum to Governor H R Bhardwaj and sought directions to the BJP Government to check exodus of North-East people.
In the memorandum, the Congress lashed out at the state government accusing it of "failing" at every step in giving good governance.
"BJP as a party with their internal problem are extending their unrest to the unfortunate citizens", it said and also pointed out to recent attack on boys and girls of Home Stay in Mangalore and atleast 15 murders that took place in a span of ten days in Bangalore.
"It is a politically motivated act of fear psychosis created by vested political party with an eye on the upcoming election in Assam", the Congress alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’