K`taka Guv gives nod for convening Legislature Session
Bangalore: In wake of the Centre`s rejection
of his recommendation for President`s rule in Karnataka,
Governor HR Bhardwaj n Monday gave his nod for convening the
State Legislature Session from June 2, an issue over which he
and the BJP government had locked horns.
The Governor`s approval came a day after the Cabinet
Committee on Political Affairs rejected Bhardwaj`s
recommendation, which had triggered a fresh political war in
the state with the BJP organising state-wide protests
demanding his recall for the "unconstitutional" act.
Official sources said the Governor has summoned the
Legislature to meet at 12.15 PM on June 2.
Before the Centre`s decision emerged last night, BJP had
warned it would take its fight to the national level if the
government did not reject the recommendation within 24 hours.
In his special report to the Centre a week ago, Bhardwaj
had recommended imposition of President`s rule and keeping the
Assembly in suspended animnation, citing "breakdown of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read