K`taka Guv gives nod for convening Legislature Session
Bangalore: In wake of the Centre`s rejection
of his recommendation for President`s rule in Karnataka,
Governor HR Bhardwaj n Monday gave his nod for convening the
State Legislature Session from June 2, an issue over which he
and the BJP government had locked horns.
The Governor`s approval came a day after the Cabinet
Committee on Political Affairs rejected Bhardwaj`s
recommendation, which had triggered a fresh political war in
the state with the BJP organising state-wide protests
demanding his recall for the "unconstitutional" act.
Official sources said the Governor has summoned the
Legislature to meet at 12.15 PM on June 2.
Before the Centre`s decision emerged last night, BJP had
warned it would take its fight to the national level if the
government did not reject the recommendation within 24 hours.
In his special report to the Centre a week ago, Bhardwaj
had recommended imposition of President`s rule and keeping the
Assembly in suspended animnation, citing "breakdown of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!