K`taka: HC disposes of suo motu PIL in Mahantesh murder case
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Tuesday disposed of a suo motu PIL relating to the murder of SP Mahantesh, Deputy Director of Co-operative audit.
The division bench headed by Chief Justice Vikramajit Sen disposed of the PIL after the Central Crime Branch police probing the murder submitted that a chargesheet had already been filed in this connection before the First Additional Metropolitan Magistrate Court.
During the hearing last month, the court had directed the authorities to complete the audit by that time by September 10 and the bench had asked the state to file an additional status report regarding the murder of the officer.
The Government Advocate had informed the court that all culprits in the case, including a cashier of a co-operative society in Bangalore city have been apprehended and had sought one month time for completion of 2009-10 and 2010-11 audit reports.
Mahantesh was attacked in May this year and he succumbed to injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi