K`taka: HC disposes of suo motu PIL in Mahantesh murder case
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Tuesday disposed of a suo motu PIL relating to the murder of SP Mahantesh, Deputy Director of Co-operative audit.
The division bench headed by Chief Justice Vikramajit Sen disposed of the PIL after the Central Crime Branch police probing the murder submitted that a chargesheet had already been filed in this connection before the First Additional Metropolitan Magistrate Court.
During the hearing last month, the court had directed the authorities to complete the audit by that time by September 10 and the bench had asked the state to file an additional status report regarding the murder of the officer.
The Government Advocate had informed the court that all culprits in the case, including a cashier of a co-operative society in Bangalore city have been apprehended and had sought one month time for completion of 2009-10 and 2010-11 audit reports.
Mahantesh was attacked in May this year and he succumbed to injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed