K`taka: HC disposes of suo motu PIL in Mahantesh murder case
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Tuesday disposed of a suo motu PIL relating to the murder of SP Mahantesh, Deputy Director of Co-operative audit.
The division bench headed by Chief Justice Vikramajit Sen disposed of the PIL after the Central Crime Branch police probing the murder submitted that a chargesheet had already been filed in this connection before the First Additional Metropolitan Magistrate Court.
During the hearing last month, the court had directed the authorities to complete the audit by that time by September 10 and the bench had asked the state to file an additional status report regarding the murder of the officer.
The Government Advocate had informed the court that all culprits in the case, including a cashier of a co-operative society in Bangalore city have been apprehended and had sought one month time for completion of 2009-10 and 2010-11 audit reports.
Mahantesh was attacked in May this year and he succumbed to injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them