K’taka HC judge opposed to Dinakaran`s continuation holds meeting
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court Judge, Justice
D V Shylendra Kumar, who has openly expressed his opinion
against controversial Chief Justice P D Dinakaran discharging
his administrative duties, is understood to have held a closed
door meeting with some judges today to discuss the issue.
Justice Kumar has, in a posting on his website, questioned
the Chief Justice, facing an impeachment motion, exercising
power and authority on the administrative side though he was
not discharging his judicial duties.
The judge had also stated yesterday that his request for
convening a meeting of judges to discuss the issue was turned
down by Justice Dinakaran.
Justice Kumar had an "informal" meeting with the judges,
court sources told PTI but declined to comment on the issues
"Justice Shylendra Kumar did hold an informal meeting with
some judges in his chamber today. However, most of the judges
did not respond to his call for the meeting as the Chief
Justice had already declined permission to hold such a
meeting", the sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!