K’taka HC judge opposed to Dinakaran`s continuation holds meeting
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court Judge, Justice
D V Shylendra Kumar, who has openly expressed his opinion
against controversial Chief Justice P D Dinakaran discharging
his administrative duties, is understood to have held a closed
door meeting with some judges today to discuss the issue.
Justice Kumar has, in a posting on his website, questioned
the Chief Justice, facing an impeachment motion, exercising
power and authority on the administrative side though he was
not discharging his judicial duties.
The judge had also stated yesterday that his request for
convening a meeting of judges to discuss the issue was turned
down by Justice Dinakaran.
Justice Kumar had an "informal" meeting with the judges,
court sources told PTI but declined to comment on the issues
"Justice Shylendra Kumar did hold an informal meeting with
some judges in his chamber today. However, most of the judges
did not respond to his call for the meeting as the Chief
Justice had already declined permission to hold such a
meeting", the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’