K’taka HC stays probe against former disciple of Nithyananda
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court Wednesday stayed further proceedings before a local court against a former disciple of self-proclaimed controversial godman Nityananda and two others in a criminal case filed against them by an actress
Justice H N Nagamohan Das stayed further proceedings in the case before the court at Ramanagara on a criminal petition filed by Ranjitha, seeking quashing of the case.
In June, the court had issued a non-bailable warrant to Lenin Karuppan and third summons to co-accused Aarti Rao and advocate Sridhar in the case filed by the actress.
Ranjitha had filed a private complaint on Dec 30 2010 at Ramnagara Magistrate Court in Bangalore against the three, charging them with criminal intimidation, criminal conspiracy and outraging her modesty in connection with attempting to link her through a morphed video with Nithyananda.
The Magistrate took cognizance and issued summons to all three on June 4 2011.
Lenin failed to appear before the court, following which a NBW was issued against him, while the other two were issued a second summons on August 2 2011.
Arathi Rao is a resident of Detroit, USA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!