K`taka: JDS postpones meet on Cauvery water
Bangalore: The JDS in Karnataka has postponed to a later date Tuesday`s meeting to decide on the party`s future course of action on the issue of release of Cauvery water to neighbouring Tamil Nadu.
A meeting of its legislators, MPs and senior leaders called today to discuss its future plans on the Cauvery water release issue over which four of its MLAs and an MP have decided to resign, has been postponed to a later date, a party statement said.
The party has also decided to postpone the convention of physically challenged persons slated for October 7 to October 28 due to ongoing Cauvery agitation.
The top leaders of the party decided to postpone the event, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read