K`taka: JDS postpones meet on Cauvery water
Bangalore: The JDS in Karnataka has postponed to a later date Tuesday`s meeting to decide on the party`s future course of action on the issue of release of Cauvery water to neighbouring Tamil Nadu.
A meeting of its legislators, MPs and senior leaders called today to discuss its future plans on the Cauvery water release issue over which four of its MLAs and an MP have decided to resign, has been postponed to a later date, a party statement said.
The party has also decided to postpone the convention of physically challenged persons slated for October 7 to October 28 due to ongoing Cauvery agitation.
The top leaders of the party decided to postpone the event, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajay Devgn unveils the poster of ‘Sons of Sardaar’
- Oommen Chandy takes bus passengers by surprise as he turns out to be one
- Share-transfer dispute: Delhi HC asks Spicejet, Kalanithi Maran to set up arbitral tribunal
- Emraan Hashmi's son Ayaan appears in video for tiger cause
- Cheat days? John Abraham’s words will give you serious fitness goals – Read more