K`taka: JDS postpones meet on Cauvery water
Bangalore: The JDS in Karnataka has postponed to a later date Tuesday`s meeting to decide on the party`s future course of action on the issue of release of Cauvery water to neighbouring Tamil Nadu.
A meeting of its legislators, MPs and senior leaders called today to discuss its future plans on the Cauvery water release issue over which four of its MLAs and an MP have decided to resign, has been postponed to a later date, a party statement said.
The party has also decided to postpone the convention of physically challenged persons slated for October 7 to October 28 due to ongoing Cauvery agitation.
The top leaders of the party decided to postpone the event, the statement said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference