K`taka: JDS postpones meet on Cauvery water
Bangalore: The JDS in Karnataka has postponed to a later date Tuesday`s meeting to decide on the party`s future course of action on the issue of release of Cauvery water to neighbouring Tamil Nadu.
A meeting of its legislators, MPs and senior leaders called today to discuss its future plans on the Cauvery water release issue over which four of its MLAs and an MP have decided to resign, has been postponed to a later date, a party statement said.
The party has also decided to postpone the convention of physically challenged persons slated for October 7 to October 28 due to ongoing Cauvery agitation.
The top leaders of the party decided to postpone the event, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP