K`taka: JDS postpones meet on Cauvery water
Bangalore: The JDS in Karnataka has postponed to a later date Tuesday`s meeting to decide on the party`s future course of action on the issue of release of Cauvery water to neighbouring Tamil Nadu.
A meeting of its legislators, MPs and senior leaders called today to discuss its future plans on the Cauvery water release issue over which four of its MLAs and an MP have decided to resign, has been postponed to a later date, a party statement said.
The party has also decided to postpone the convention of physically challenged persons slated for October 7 to October 28 due to ongoing Cauvery agitation.
The top leaders of the party decided to postpone the event, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- 'Mann Ki Baat': PM Narendra Modi to address nation today, may talk to Army jawans
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015