K`taka: Lokayukta raid on premises of 10 officials
Bangalore: Lokayukta sleuths Friday raided the premises of ten government officials across Karnataka, a top official of the anti-corruption watchdog said.
Raids were conducted on 26 premises spread over Bangalore, Srinivasapura (Kolar), Haveri, Srirangapatna (Mandya) and Mudigere (Chikmagalur), Additional Director General of Police-Lokayukta Satyanarayana Rao told reporters here. Properties involved amounted to Rs 1.80 crore.
Criminal cases under the Prevention of Corruption Act were registered against them on March 21 in jurisdictional Lokayukta police stations, he said.
During the search bank passbooks, cheque books, share certificates along with original documents relating to the immovable assets were found in original and it was being verified, Rao said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof