K`taka: Lokayukta raid on premises of 10 officials
Bangalore: Lokayukta sleuths Friday raided the premises of ten government officials across Karnataka, a top official of the anti-corruption watchdog said.
Raids were conducted on 26 premises spread over Bangalore, Srinivasapura (Kolar), Haveri, Srirangapatna (Mandya) and Mudigere (Chikmagalur), Additional Director General of Police-Lokayukta Satyanarayana Rao told reporters here. Properties involved amounted to Rs 1.80 crore.
Criminal cases under the Prevention of Corruption Act were registered against them on March 21 in jurisdictional Lokayukta police stations, he said.
During the search bank passbooks, cheque books, share certificates along with original documents relating to the immovable assets were found in original and it was being verified, Rao said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred