K`taka: Lokayukta raid on premises of 10 officials
Bangalore: Lokayukta sleuths Friday raided the premises of ten government officials across Karnataka, a top official of the anti-corruption watchdog said.
Raids were conducted on 26 premises spread over Bangalore, Srinivasapura (Kolar), Haveri, Srirangapatna (Mandya) and Mudigere (Chikmagalur), Additional Director General of Police-Lokayukta Satyanarayana Rao told reporters here. Properties involved amounted to Rs 1.80 crore.
Criminal cases under the Prevention of Corruption Act were registered against them on March 21 in jurisdictional Lokayukta police stations, he said.
During the search bank passbooks, cheque books, share certificates along with original documents relating to the immovable assets were found in original and it was being verified, Rao said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand