K`taka: Lokayukta raid on premises of 10 officials
Bangalore: Lokayukta sleuths Friday raided the premises of ten government officials across Karnataka, a top official of the anti-corruption watchdog said.
Raids were conducted on 26 premises spread over Bangalore, Srinivasapura (Kolar), Haveri, Srirangapatna (Mandya) and Mudigere (Chikmagalur), Additional Director General of Police-Lokayukta Satyanarayana Rao told reporters here. Properties involved amounted to Rs 1.80 crore.
Criminal cases under the Prevention of Corruption Act were registered against them on March 21 in jurisdictional Lokayukta police stations, he said.
During the search bank passbooks, cheque books, share certificates along with original documents relating to the immovable assets were found in original and it was being verified, Rao said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth