K’taka ministers get time till Feb 19 to explain porngate
Bangalore: Three former Karnataka ministers have now been granted time till February 19 by Speaker KG Bopaiah to file their replies to the show-cause notices issued to them on the porn-watching episode in the Legislative Assembly.
The three were to file their replies today but had asked for a week`s extension to submit their response to the show-cause notices.
The three - Lakshman S Savadi, CC Patil and J Krishna Palemar - had sent a letter to the Legislative Assembly Secretariat in this regard.
They were last week directed by the Speaker to file the reply by today.
Bopaiah had already said the once the reply is received, a
seven member House panel, comprising four members from the
BJP, two from the Congress and one from JDS, would be formed
to conduct an inquiry into the issue. This panel would be
asked to submit a report to him by March 12. The report would
then be placed in the Assembly.
The Opposition Congress and JDS have argued that there was
no need for a House panel as the three former ministers have
already made admissions vis-a-vis the episode, and demanded
their immediate disqualification.
The Speaker had said that he did not disqualify them
summarily to ensure that the accused get principles of natural
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!